Job Opening For Senior Security Infrastructure Admin In Symantec
In Symantec.cloud, you will have the opportunity to contribute to an industry leading provider of cloud-based services. Our clients trust Symantec.cloud to protect them from online threats and other content management challenges, leaving them free to focus on their business without interruption.
Services & Support Function
• Provides technical expertise to understand key business drivers and applies the knowledge of internal/external business issues to support new products and services based on best practices and proven technologies.
• Able to forecast issues and monitor for trends within the environments
• Ability to be pro-active to maintain the fluidity within the environment
• Anticipates and interprets business/customer needs, assesses requirements, and identifies solutions.
• Participate in product lifecycle process, contributing to and/or creating product and technical requirements, systems definitions, and operational procedures as part of this process.
• Solves complex technical problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions,and work towards an automated state.
• Effectively builds relationships, develops consensus among key stakeholders, and influences behavior.
• Anticipates problems and manages change.
• Develops strong working knowledge of the people, processes, and technologies involved in delivering work in their support arena.
• Provide guidance and accept responsibility for the performance and reliability of various cross-platform applications and services, and ensure that system failures are restored in a timely manner, measured against SLAs.
• Ability to perform deep-dive troubleshooting, contribute to the knowledge base, and provide recommendations for continuous improvements to workflow, process, and technology.
• Indepth knowledge in administering servers running on Wintel environment
• Sound knowledge in managing Active Directory, DNS,DHCP,VMWare
• Assist with peer training of user employees on a global team basis.
• Demonstrates exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
• Ability to work in an oncall rotation
• 6 to 8 years experience providing Tier 2 and 3 support for Active Directory domains, and Windows 2003/2008 servers in a large-scale production environment.
• 6+ years demonstrated experience in a senior Systems Engineering role, including customer-facing products and services.
• Strong technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards, including TCP/IP, DNS, MPIO, FC, iSCSI.
• Strong technical experience with server technologies such as Microsoft IIS, SQL 2005/2008, VMWare.
• Strong Powershell and other scripting capabilities a plus.
• Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards, including LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Citrix, Active Directory, and Windows Server 2003/2008, Altiris, Backup Exec, etc.
• Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and written in a professional manner, and ability to use a ticketing system to track open support issues.
• Highly self motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a dynamic team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Strong desire to learn and grow technically and professionally.
Location: Chennai, INDIA
Apply now: [email protected]
About the Company:
Relentlessly protect the world’s information. Make a difference at Symantec. Across the globe, we are an ‘essential’ partner to both consumers and businesses of all sizes. We combine our talents, our brains, and our creative energy to reinforce our place as a world-class technical community.