Job Opening In Munich Re Company For Sr Information Security Specialist.
Munich Re is one of the world’s leading reinsurance companies with approximately 45,000 employees in over 50 locations around the globe. As an industry leader, we provide a unique opportunity to be part of a global success story. We offer our employees a diverse and challenging work environment which champions high performance, professional development, innovation and passion; and rewards top performers with a highly competitive total rewards package.
Location: Toronto, CANADA
SENIOR INFORMATION SECURITY SPECIALIST
Reporting to the Director, Information Services, the Senior Information Security Specialist will act as the Global Service Manager for the Vulnerability Assessment & Penetration Testing (VAPT), Security Assessment, and IT & IS Audit Support Services for the Munich Re group of companies.
- Support the tracking and management of tasks assigned to the Global IT Security team.
- Perform VAPTs.
- Perform Risk Assessments and general Security Consulting tasks.
- Perform Technical IT Audits and Security Assessments (eg, vendor reviews and M&As).
- Research, investigate, test and report on security-related topics for products within the Munich RE organization.
- Conduct daily research on available informational sources relating to security patches, hacking tools, exploits, new technology, methodology and advancements as required.
- Facilitate daily communication between relevant individuals (eg, clients, team members, etc) relating to new or existing security risks.
- Perform requested research on topics requested by our global clients in a timely manner.
- International travel as required.
First and foremost, the successful candidate will be technically astute, have strong communication skills and demonstrate the ability to work independently and as a part of a team. The successful candidate will be joining an energetic and goal oriented team that uses a collaborative approach to working with all areas of the company, and focuses on achieving Munich Re’s objectives in a professional manner.
In addition, we are looking for the following qualifications:
- College or University level education or equivalent level of experience in the industry.
- Combination of advanced security certification such as CISSP, GPEN, OSCP, GWAPT, GFCA.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in an Information Security role.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with networking protocols specifically TCP/IP in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Experience with industry standard security tools and technologies.
- Experience with mobile security including app testing.
- Security event and incident response skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server and Workstation.
- Intermediate knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- Experience in C# and .NET (in a Windows Environment) - ASP.NET is preferred. Additional experience in Java and Visual Basic is an asset.
- Experience with databases (Oracle, MS SQL) is an asset.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Comfortable making presentations to all levels of management.
- Ability to work and think globally.