Symantec Is Hiring Cyber Security Analyst
Are you passionate about security? Love solving difficult problems? Want to work with a wide variety of technologies and platforms? Come work with Symantec!
USA- Virginia, Herndon
Cyber Security Analysts in Symantec's Managed Security Services work on a world class team to identify threats within client environments, in order to keep clients secure. This includes real time review of security incidents, analysis of logs and alerts, and escalation to the client for severe incidents.
- Monitoring and analyzing logs and alerts from a variety of different technologies (IDS/IPS, Firewall, Proxies, Anti-Virus, etc, across multiple platforms.
- Assessing the security impact of security alerts and traffic anomalies on customer networks.
- Creating comprehensive security write-ups which articulate security issues, analysis and remediation techniques.
- Escalating and explaining severe security incidents to clients verbally.
- Responding to technical security questions and concerns from clients.
- Maintaining a strong awareness and understanding of the current threat landscape.
- Conducting research on emerging security threats and potential customer impact.
Candidate in this position must be able to work rotating assigned first and second shifts (weekday only) within a 24/7 operating environment.
- A passion for security, learning, and knowledge sharing.
- Strong knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol suite and related security concerns.
- Strong knowledge of identified operating system platforms, routers, network protocols, and security architecture.
- Working knowledge of well-known security tools such as NMAP, Nessus, TCPDump, Wireshark, Netcat, and Metasploit.
- Working knowledge of common attacks and vulnerabilities.
- Strong understanding of common categories of malware and characteristics of each.
- Bachelor's degree in a security related field, or proven experience desired.
- Relevant industry standard certifications preferred (CompTIA, SANS, CISSP, C|EH, Etc.).
- Candidate expected to work towards SANS GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA) within 6 months of entry into this position.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
About the company
Symantec helps consumers and organizations secure and manage their information-driven world. Our software and services protect against more risks at more points, more completely and efficiently, enabling confidence wherever information is used or stored.
Symantec was founded in 1982 by visionary computer scientists. In that spirit, as technology changed so did Symantec. We are focused on providing security, storage and systems management solutions to help businesses and consumers secure and manage their information