JP Morgan Hiring Information Security Expert Apply Now
Information Security Specialist - Associate - Based in Bournemouth, UK
The Cyber Security Specialist will provide leadership and direction for information security across JPMorgan Chase with a specific focus on CIB. The role supports both technology and the business in providing end to end security to ensure first class security capabilities.
London or NewYork
The role will cover the spectrum of information security responsibilities from strategy development, ongoing security assessments and direction of the transformation portfolio to improve security capabilities.
The ideal candidate would be able to demonstrate significant understanding of Cyber security and have experience of assessment in large organisations with experience in financial services and consulting.
The individual should also be comfortable with navigating large organisations, supporting governance forums and be well versed in providing sophisticated messages to a variety of audiences in an manner that is relevant to the recipients.
The role will be reporting to the CIB Head of Cyber Risk Management in the Chief Information Security Office and will based in London or New York.
• Evaluates, architects designs, implements, and evaluates security-focused tools and services such as firewalls, intrusion detection & prevention systems,
• Defines Secure Build Standards across Windows, Unix and other common operating systems.
• Provides Subject Matter Expertise on
• Conducts security risk assessments on CIB applications and infrastructure, both new and current, utilizing the appropriate security diagnostic tools. Identifies and assists the remediation of security deficiencies, issues and risks. Maintains documentation of findings and solutions.
• Assist with the development and interpretation of security policies and procedures.
• Support the execution of Cyber Security projects whether providing SME knowledge or solution design assistance.
• Participates in CIB-focused Security Testing, risk analysis, security reviews, Vulnerability Management and Red Team / Blue Team activity.
• Evaluates and recommends new and emerging security products and technologies.
• Stays abreast of industry trends and latest advancements in application, network and data security.
• Assists with creating, updating and maintaining information technology policies, standards, procedures, templates, forms, work instructions, checklists, and other related documents.
• Assist coordination and implementation of appropriate Cyber Security governance, metrics collection, and reporting capabilities.
• Provide consultancy for analysis and identification of broader systemic issues based on results of security metrics.
• Provide guidance on implementing information security objectives.
• Partner with SMEs and stakeholders, e.g. Cyber Security Leadership, Corporate Cyber and Information Risk and Technology and business teams.
• Work with diverse IT and business teams to assist in the remediation identified issues in a risk prioritized, effective and efficient fashion.
• Must have a solid Information Security background, including information and cyber security assessment, risk analysis, privacy, data protection and security architecture.
• Significant experience with evolving state-of-the-art information security technologies and approaches.
• Accomplishments in program leadership, policy/standards development, project management.
• Demonstrated track record of maintaining currency with technological trends and available security solutions in the marketplace.
• Experience with information system auditing including computer security reviews, control selection, and evaluation of systems using a risk based approach.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, plus the ability to achieve goals through influence, collaboration, and cooperation.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of and organization from executives to technology specialists.
• Expertise in risk management approaches to assess and address security and other types of Information Technology-related risks.
• Integrity and high standards of personal and professional conduct.
• A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
• Experience with evolving state-of-the-art information security technologies, technology policy and security administration.
• Direct experience in the specific technical areas of systems administration, applications development, database administration, network operations, and data center operations.
• Information security certifications (such as CISSP, CSSLP, CREST, CHECK, CLAS, SANS or related certifications) would be preferred.
About JPMorgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.2 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its J.P. Morgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.