Jobs For Director Of IT Security In Continumm Managed Services
The Director of Information Security is responsible for establishing, implementing, monitoring and enforcing information security standards and policies globally. The Director is also responsible for the creation and maintenance of Company-wide information security strategies and overseeing the execution of plans.
The Director oversees the Company-wide creation, implementation and maintenance of information security strategy and policy, leads on-going security risk assessment and status reporting efforts, and is responsible for the creation and roll-out of security awareness and training programs. He or she advises and collaborates with corporate executives throughout the Company and is responsible for overall Company Compliance. In addition, the Director is responsible for review and direction of business system continuity and disaster recovery plans as well as information security audit and regulatory compliance.
In general, the Director is charged with the responsibility for building an accountable, information security-conscious culture and a system security infrastructure built on high quality standards backed-up by effective operational procedures as well as regular status monitoring and reporting activities.
The Director will manage a small team, but overall the position will primarily consist of hands-on work ranging from strategy development to executive engagement to policy and procedure development to training to hands-on technical and security operations work.
- Serve as an expert advisor to senior management in the development, implementation and maintenance of a Company-wide information security infrastructure that ensures best practice control objectives are achieved for system integrity, availability, confidentiality, accountability and assurance within the context of the Company's risk tolerance as set by senior management for both cloud and on premise environments.
- Draft and propose Company-wide information security strategy and action plans based on risk assessments and gap analysis.
- Identify and propose key information security program priorities, initiatives, plans, practices and tools.
- Oversee execution of approved information security projects and internal/external security audits, and provide regular status reporting on progress of such projects.
- Develop, publish, and maintain comprehensive information security and privacy standards, policies, procedures and guidelines and enforce these in compliance with federal and state regulations and standards.
- Act as the primary Company control point during follow-up on significant information security incidents, oversee development of response plans, and provide timely update reporting.
- Advise the management team on risk issues that are related to information security and recommend actions in support of the Company's wider risk management programs.
- Collaborate across the company to ensure information security risks in both ongoing and planned operations are properly considered and that all compliance matters are being adhered to as required.
- Monitor information security trends and evolving technologies and keep senior management informed about related information security issues and implications for the Company.
- Understand potential and emerging information security threats, vulnerabilities, and control techniques and communicate this information to appropriate team members throughout the Company on a timely basis.
- Provide guidance to business units as necessary to investigate security breaches and to pursue associated potential disciplinary and legal actions in collaboration with Human Resources and Legal counsel as appropriate.
- Maintain relationships with local, state, and federal law enforcement and related government agencies as needed.
- Conduct regular and ongoing monitoring of and reporting on Company-wide compliance with information security standards and policies.
- Manage a small global Information Security team.
- Domestic and international travel required (5%).
Skills and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Information Management Systems, Business/Accounting or related field
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in IT Security, IT Audit or related area
- CISSP, CRISC, CISM, or GIAC certifications strongly preferred
- Strong technical skills relevant to Information Security such as secure coding standards, ethical hacking techniques, security operations, cloud security architecture, SEIM, vulnerability and threat management
- Previous experience managing a remote/international team preferred
- Familiarity with US and international data privacy / protection laws, including EU Safe Harbor
- Analytical and detail oriented
- Strong written and oral communication skills
About this company
Continuum is the technology industry’s only channel-exclusive provider of fully integrated managed IT services, allowing its Managed Services Provider (MSP) partners to maintain both on premise and cloudbased servers, desktops and other endpoints for small-and-medium-sized businesses. Continuum’s SaaS based management platforms enable MSPs to efficiently backup, monitor, troubleshoot and maintain clients’ IT infrastructure from a single pane of glass, all backed by an industry–leading 520+ network operations center (NOC) and 100+ Help Desk team. MSPs leverage Continuum’s pay-as-you-grow business model to scale IT services without committing to long-term contracts or investing in their own operations and service delivery teams. The company employs 1,000+ professionals worldwide, supports over 3,500 partners and monitors over half a million endpoints.
For more information, visit http://www.continuum.net