Jobs In McGill For Position Information Security Manager Apply Now.
The IT IS Manager is primarily responsible for the management of operational and tactical IT information security activities and staff as well as the management and implementation of information security architecture principles, policies and processes as part of the delivery of IT Services. He is also responsible to support the IT Information Security Senior Advisor on information security architecture design and development, protection of institutional data, coordination of incident response, compliance enforcement, best practice development and implementation, risk assessment, evaluation of new technology and threat/vulnerability management.Primary Responsibilities:
- Translate the IT-risk requirements and constraints of the business into technical control requirements and specifications. Develop Information Security metrics for ongoing performance measurement and reporting and develop overall department objectives with the Director IT Infrastructure
- Coordinate the IT organization's technical activities to implement and manage security infrastructure;
- Collaborate with the IT Information Security Senior Advisor and other IT groups to design, deliver and operate IT processes and technologies to ensure that IT Security comply with enterprise policies and principles.
- Develop overall department objectives with the Director. Defines roles and responsibilities for the unit.
- Manage resource allocation: material and financial and establish the unit budget;
- Establish and manage unit deadlines.
- Coach employees to maintain quality standards.
- Exercise leadership in influencing others in attaining the established objectives.
- Oversee the implementation of short and long term plans related to IT management.
- Work with clients to assess the degree to which IT investments are achieving their business objectives; provide consulting expertise to the University community on a wide range of complex IT issues. Support and advise University community on introduction of new technology
- Review productivity reports of unit and evaluates processes efficiencies and recommends improvements.
- Analyze and manage the HR and Finance functions to improve the economic performance of IT.
- Manage decisions on hiring and discipline and performance management. Perform annual Performance Dialogue for supervisors; provide coaching and motivation to his direct reports and establish training and development plan. Determine performance ratings for teams.
- Foster and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and clients.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree (related field)
- Five (5) years' related experience
Other Qualifying Skills And/Or Abilities:
Three (3) years of “team lead” or “team supervisor” experience. Demonstrated knowledge of data analysis and business operations analysis. Demonstrated abilities to manage resources and budgets efficiently. Demonstrated ability to manage and lead teams, and to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines. Working knowledge of Project Management Methodology and application. In-depth knowledge of ITIL processes. Communication, writing, documentation and planning skills. Self-motivated with the ability to work well with multiple teams in cross functional set-up. English, spoken and written. French spoken and read. Information Security: Excellent understanding of information security architecture design and implementation in the fields of application security, database security, network security, wireless security, event and system monitoring, vulnerability assessment and remediation, forensics, Windows/Unix/Linux server/client security, Active Directory, endpoint protection and malware prevention. Excellent understand of IT security standards and requirements (ISO 27000, PCI-DSS, Cobit, etc.). Excellent understanding of risk management methodologies and processes. Good understanding of virtualized environment and cloud-based infrastructure services. Good understanding of network and information security best practices. ITIL, CISSP, CISM, CISA or other IT and IT security related certifications are a definite asset.
Reference Number: 15-0915/MR3060 Reporting
To: Director IT Security Infrastructure
How To Apply:
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number by Email: [email protected] OR
Apply in Company Website