Jobs In FirEye is Hiring Malware Researcher Apply Now
Location: Milpitas, CA
FireEye has invented a purpose-built, virtual machine-based security platform that provides real-time threat protection to enterprises and governments worldwide against the next generation of cyber attacks.
These highly sophisticated cyber attacks easily circumvent traditional signature-based defenses, such as next-generation firewalls, IPS, anti-virus, and gateways. The FireEye Threat Prevention Platform provides real-time, dynamic threat protection without the use of signatures to protect an organization across the primary threat vectors and across the different stages of an attack life cycle. The core of the FireEye platform is a virtual execution engine, complemented by dynamic threat intelligence, to identify and block cyber attacks in real time. FireEye has over 3,700 customers across 67 countries, including 675 of the Forbes Global 2000.
We are seeking Malware Researchers with the passion and experience necessary to solve problems detecting and preventing malware propagation across multiple platforms, including both mobile and desktop. The candidate will work for FireEye’s security research team, which is a group of top notch security researchers specializing in areas from Machine Learning to reverse engineering advanced malware.
- Perform leading edge malware research, analysis (data-mining) and generate content for use in our products
- Enhance FireEye’s security content infrastructure, process workflow, and the malware intelligence portal
- Run the FireEye’s security content release process, controlling content selection, packaging, and coordination with DEV/QA/Customer-Support teams
- At least 2 years direct or equivalent experience in areas of malware-analysis, software/security-content build/release, networking/system administration or software development
- Knowledge in Malware Analysis and Reverse Engineering
- Proficiency with network traffic analysis tools such as wireshark and tcpdump
- Knowledge in Security and Malware detection technologies
- Solid programming skills with scripting languages such as Perl or Python is required
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of databases such as Postgres or MySQL
- Working knowledge of Rapid Web development frameworks/languages and environments such as PHP etc
- Deep working knowledge of networking concepts: TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, IRC, RPC, DNS etc
- Host based IDS/IPS knowledge and experience a definite plus
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analysis skills
- Experience working in fast-paced development environments
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent inter-personal and teamwork skills
- Self-driven, proactive, hardworking, team-player with a good sense of humor
FireEye is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Click here to view the full EEO/AA statement.
About this company
FireEye is transforming the cyber security landscape to combat today's advanced cyber attacks, and we want you to be part of our team.
FireEye and its unique approach to security has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Fox News, BusinessWeek, Bloomberg TV, and other mainstream media. A leader in advanced technology, FireEye has received the Wall Street Journal Technology Innovation Award as well as the JPMorgan Chase Hall of Innovation Award.