Threat Intelligence Analyst, Security Engineering Jobs Opening in GOOGLE
Location: Mountain View, CA, USA
There's no such thing as a "safe system" - only safer systems. Our Security team works to create and maintain the safest operating environment for Google's users and developers. As a Security Engineer, you help protect network boundaries, keep computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks and provide security services to protect highly sensitive data like passwords and customer information. Security Engineers work hands-on with network equipment and actively monitor our systems for attacks and intrusions. You also work with software engineers to proactively identify and fix security flaws and vulnerabilities.
You use your industry experience to own and drive the resolution of complex security incidents, policy questions and technical security issues.
Google has long been at the forefront of security research. The Threat Analysis team uses traditional research methods, creative engineering, and vast computing resources to keep Google, but more importantly our users, safe from sophisticated adversaries. We provide Google’s operational and product teams with the necessary intelligence to ensure our users are protected, informed, and aware of relevant security and privacy issues. Join our team, and you’ll be part of a small group that’s making a difference on a scale most would never think possible.
- Identify, analyze, and document network signals, malware behaviors, and threat reports related to trends and developments in adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs).
- Provide clear, actionable, and structured intelligence to product and security teams. Assist in ensuring corporate and production systems are safeguarded.
- Own the analysis efforts of one or more threat actors, and serve as a subject matter expert on how those actors might affect Google and our users.
- Identify personal and team priorities, and able to work on assignments with minimal supervision while maintaining quality and deadlines.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- 1 year of experience in a threat intelligence or related role.
- Experience in Python, C/C++, or Java. Significant experience with one or more of the following: Snort, Suricata, ClamAV, YARA.
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals, techniques for lateral machine movement, malware persistence mechanisms, covert channels, and command and control techniques.
- Basic understanding of dynamic and static malware analysis.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
Mountain View (Global HQ)
Want to stop talking about changing the world and actually do it? At Google Mountain View, our global headquarters, we make products for hundreds of millions of users around the world that change the ways they create, share, communicate, collaborate and do business.