Jobs For Cyber Security SME Apply Now
Location: Novetta - Washington, D.C., DC, US
What We Do
Novetta focuses on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics . Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity.
The Novetta Difference
Our interdisciplinary expertise enables us to solve our customers’ most complex problems through a combination of: Smart people, fresh approaches, and focused inspiration; Domain and subject-matter expertise; Agile and flexible solutions; Software that operates at scale and speed; A culture of challenge and continuous learning. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our Culture Is Shaped By a Commitment To Our Core Values
Integrity | Customer Mission Success | Employee Focus | Innovation
Novetta is seeking an experienced Cyber Security SME to support the design, implementation, and maintenance of a cohesive security operations/monitoring solution. This includes the documentation of the security strategy, planning, and architecture, which will lead to the eventual build-out of the solution.
In This Role You Will
- Develop system security design documentation
- Develop network security systems and security operation center knowledge base articles, how-to documents, standard operating procedures, and policies
- Develop incident investigation and incident handling knowledge base articles
- Design, implement, maintain, administer, and operate network security systems
- Review all IT system development plans to ensure designs meet governmental regulatory standards and provide an appropriate level of protection for the client systems and data that interacts with those systems
- Conduct analysis of system requirements and components and perform system audits to ensure intended system functionality, operation, and performance requirements are met
- Develop programs, scripts, or code segments as necessary to facilitate operation, administration, maintenance, or analysis of data and systems
- Perform evaluation and review of GOTS/COTS software and systems to ensure they meet government regulatory requirements
- Evaluate, install, configure, test, and update network security systems and hardware
- Evaluate current capabilities, and provide recommendations for improvements
- Troubleshoot issues with tools as currently implemented
- Design improved architectures for current tools and capabilities
- Develop SOPs for tool usage
- Minimum of six (6) years of general work experience and three (3) years of relevant experience in functional responsibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or an equivalent combination of formal education, experience.
- Candidate should have strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Candidate should have concise writing skills, excellent MS Word skills as well as other MS Office Applications.
- Experience working a SOC and doing incident response is preferred.
- Familiarity with 2 or more of the following security monitoring tools/vendors: ArcSight, Netwitness, Fidelis, Source Fire, Splunk, FireEye, Remedy, HBGary
- Experience with the following:
- Audit log aggregation solutions
- Netflows and traffic monitoring
- Full packet capture solutions
- Malware analysis
- Endpoint security solutions
- Linux and open source software
- Web servers and web application firewalls
- Incident handling processes and procedures