Jobs For Cybersecurity/Information Assurance Engineer In INDUS Technology Inc
Company Name: INDUS Technology INC
Location: Newport, RI, US
Industry: Computer & Network Security, Government Administration, Defense & Space
Employment Type: Full-time
Experience: Entry Level
Job Function: Quality Assurance, Information Technology
Employer Job ID: jobbanks-0214b2e4928eda28c03422d481440784
Job ID: 138881417
Job Requisition Number: 20160404E
Job Title: Cybersecurity/Information Assurance Engineer
Salary Range: Negotiable
Work Location: Newport, Rhode Island Relocation Assistance: No
Employment Type: Full Time, Salary Exempt, Unfunded Contingent Hire.
Security Clearance: Capable of obtaining a Secret U.S. government security clearance with an active Top Secret clearance preferred.
Mandatory Skill Requirements(must Have):
• 5 years of related experience.
• Ability to identify conflicts between the need for systems functionality and cybersecurity requirements.
• Familiarity with information systems vulnerability scanning tools, e.g., DISA Security Technical Implementation Guidance (STIG), Security Readiness Review (SRR) scripts, and implementation of DoD Information Technology/ DISA Security Checklists, DISA Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) Compliance Checker (SCC) and/or automated vulnerability identification tools.
• Tenable Nessus or similar network vulnerability scanners a plus.
• Proficient in the use and analysis of penetration testing tools.
• DoD 8570.1-M Cybersecurity Technician Level I, II or III certifications e.g., CompTIA A+/Security+/Network+, or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and operating systems certification e.g., Microsoft Certified Professional, CompTIA Linux+ and Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA).
• Certified Ethical Hacker certification a plus.
• Military tactical/non-tactical LAN and/or large information systems experience in encryption, key management, patch management, Identification and Authentication, Auditing and Monitoring, routers and systems/network management.
• Proficient in MS Windows and familiarity with UNIX/Linux, Solaris, VMware, Real-Time Operating Systems, routers, and embedded processor networking environments.
• Microsoft Batch, Linux Bash or Java programming experience a plus.
Desired Skill Requirements:
Preferred candidate will have prior work experience in a government defense contractor industry and/or work on customer site to support the project or task. Previous NUWC Newport experience, specifically in Code 25, is preferable.
The Cybersecurity Engineer liaisons with systems developers to assess the impact of changes against cybersecurity requirements, capturing details to document and validate the implementation of mandated security controls. During a typical day, this position can expect to:
• Research and recommend cybersecurity architectures and procedures, executing systems vulnerability testing in mixed network environments.
• Generate and manage cybersecurity certification and accreditation documentation.
• Participate in technical meetings, providing cybersecurity services for military tactical/non-tactical, Electronics Support Measures suites and relational database applications.
Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology field preferred.
INDUS Technology, Inc.(INDUS), provides a full life-cycle of C4I capabilities; specializing in Engineering, Information Technology, Information Assurance, Integrated Logistics, Financial Management, Program Management, Acquisition, Installation, Test and Evaluation, Command and Administrative Support to the Federal government and industry clientele. We are an Employee Owned, certified Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), headquartered in San Diego, CA. with personnel providing services in Washington D.C., Dahlgren, VA., Charleston, SC., Norfolk, VA., Keyport, WA., Port Hueneme, CA., Oahu, HI., Tampa, FL., New Orleans, LA., and Newport, RI. INDUS is an ISO 9001:2008 registered and certified company. We have well-balanced capabilities and proven past performance, we are dedicated to quality services and to providing highly skilled support at a realistic cost. If interested in knowing about open positions at INDUS, please go to our Jobs Listings at http://www.industechnology.com/careers/careers.html.