Jobs For Malware Researcher In Endgame
Company Name: Endgame
Location: Arlington, VA
Industry: Computer & Network Security, Computer Software, Information Technology & Services
Employment Type: Full-time
Experience: Not Applicable
Job Function: Research
Employer Job ID: 0YRW2fwx
Job ID: 120467961
Malware Research is a pillar of Endgame’s R&D organization. Our mission is to enable customers to detect and defend against previously unknown threats on their networks. Endgame is seeking a Malware Researcher to understand underlying techniques used by adversaries and to research and prototype detection capabilities which can be integrated into our cyber operations platform. The Malware Researcher will work daily with a talented team of threat researchers, vulnerability researchers, and data scientists creating novel solutions to close the detection gap.
• 3+ years hands-on experience in applied malware analysis on Windows and Linux systems
• Expert knowledge of IDAPro (or another disassembler and debugger) and behavioral analysis tools (network sniffers, process monitoring, registry and file system monitoring, etc) and ability to use these tools to understand malware behaviors at a very detailed level and to create Indicators of Compromise which can be used for signature-based detection
• Knowledge and hands-on knowledge with sandboxed dynamic analysis environments to extract run-time malware behavioral information
• Experience defeating anti-analysis techniques
• Expertise in assembly and machine code programming and analysis and in deep expertise in C (or similar language) programming
• Confidence using a scripting language like Python, Perl or Ruby and the ability to pick up a new language or tool and make immediate use of it
• In-depth understanding of the Windows API with a focus on functions often used by malicious software
• Extensive knowledge of malicious actors and their tools & behavior including APTs, crimeware, ransomware, bots, and exploit kits
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrable passion for cyber security including continual learning about adversary tools and techniques
• A deep understanding of computer systems, networks, and protocols
• Hands-on experience with memory forensics
• Experience with incident response operations, specifically with time-sensitive malware analysis associated with an active intrusion
• Understanding of various Big Data storage and processing technologies
• Knowledge of red team and penetration testing tools and frameworks
• Practical experience weaponizing vulnerabilities and writing shellcode
• Experience identifying and analyzing important forensic artifacts on Windows and Linux systems in the context of a cyber breach investigation
• Windows or Linux kernel programming experience
• Experience correlating a given sample with other known samples or malware families
• Experience standing up sandboxed or isolated malware analysis environments or virtualization experience in general.
Endgame is characterized by a high degree of autonomy and flexibility, intellectual engagement, and a competitive compensation structure that rewards performance.
Endgame is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Endgame is delivering the next generation of Security Intelligence & Analytics (SIA). Our core capabilities use data-science and cutting-edge technology to give our federal and commercial customers real-time visibility across their digital domains, and our ecosystem of applications use that insight to solve a wide array of security problems. Endgame allows you to see what others can’t, and to take control of your connected world.
Endgame was founded in 2008 and has offices in Washington DC, Atlanta, San Francisco and San Antonio. Endgame is backed by leading investors including Bessemer Venture Partners, Columbia Capital, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Mithril Capital Management, and Paladin Capital Group.