Jobs For Principal Security Consultant In Optiv Inc
Company Name: Optiv Inc
Industry: Computer & Network Security, Information Technology and Services
Employment Type: Full-time
Experience: Not Applicable
Job Function: Consulting
Employer Job ID: 2016-2980
Job ID: 113060081
Principal Consultant Security Intelligence Solutions – LogRhythm
The Principal Consultant role is a billable consulting position with comprehensive project delivery responsibilities. It is also a leadership position within the Network Security Solutions Center of Excellence team. Principals will be expected to contribute to client projects and COE initiatives, which include creating standard offerings and training plans. They will also act as a subject matter expert (SME) for a given technology or technology area. This requisition is seeking a Principal consultant who is a SME for LogRhythm Security Intelligence solutions.
The Principal Consultant’s three primary responsibilities are project delivery, enabling delivery, and enabling sales.
1) Project delivery:
- Act as the subject matter expert for a defined set of offerings
- Provide mentoring to other consultants
- Deliver complex solution set offerings
- Perform quality assurance on solution set offering deliverables
- Serve as an escalation point for solution set offering engagement questions and issues
- Manage large engagements involving multiple consultants and/or contractors
- Demonstrate ability to communicate both written and oral (includes customer, sales, and PMO
- Prepare and present Executive/Board presentations at the conclusion of engagements
Lead client projects including:
- Ensure delivery methodologies are developed and followed
- Create and contribute to project reports
- Provide tactical and strategic guidance aimed at helping clients achieve project goals and mature security postures
Work with Managing Consultants to:
- Develop and communicate client project status
- Set project expectations
- Ensure the timely delivery of all consulting work
- Assist Managing Consultant with client issues and questions
Enable Delivery with Thought Leadership:
- Assist Centers of Excellence with new product offerings as well as streamlining current offerings
- Develop and maintain relationships with key partners and vendors
- Serve as a mentor and assist team members in answering product and technical questions
- Be a thought leader within the industry and the Practice
- Have an advanced understanding and expertise around all facets of the security industry
- Identify opportunities for operational improvement and assist in the development and roll-out of new consulting methods and tools
- Present on security related topics (via conferences, webinars, etc.)
- Perform technical and onsite interviews for new hires
- Enable and assist pre-sales organization (AE, SE) in scoping opportunities
- Serve as secondary resource for presales life-cycle (Sales meetings, scoping, SOW development, etc.)
- Ability to present solution set offerings to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Perform solution set specific research and serve as a public face (publications, speaking engagements, etc.)
Optiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a work environment where everyone is treated with respect. It is our policy to recruit, employ, retain, promote, terminate and otherwise treat any and all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications and competence. We will provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristic.
We will also take affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and executive orders to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.
This policy prohibits retaliation or adverse employment action against anyone who exercises his or her rights under this policy or any anti-discrimination law, who cooperates in any company investigation, or who participates in any investigation or proceeding by any governmental agency.
Created in 2015 from the merger of Accuvant and FishNet Security, Optiv is the largest holistic pure-play cyber security solutions provider in North America. We help clients plan, build and run successful cyber security programs that achieve business objectives through our depth and breadth of cyber security offerings, extensive capabilities and proven expertise in cyber security strategy, managed security services, incident response, risk and compliance, security consulting, training and support, integration and architecture services, and security technology.