Jobs For Principal Software Architect, Cloud Exchange In Equinix.
Company Name: Equinix
Location: USA Sunnyvale, CA
Industry: Information Technology and Services and Internet
Employment Type: Full-time
Experience: Not Applicable
Job Function: Information Technology, Engineering Project Management
Principal Software Architect, Cloud Exchange
Equinix is the leading global interconnection platform, accelerating business performance by connecting companies to their customers and partners inside the world’s most networked data centers. More than 4,500 of the world’s most demanding customers trust us to provide a place where they can run their mission-critical applications and grow their businesses. Our dream is to interconnect the world – and create a historically significant company in the process. Today we are a $2.1 billion company with over 3,500 employees worldwide, and we’re growing – in fact, in 2013, Forbes named Equinix as the #15 Fastest Growing Technology Company in America. Our leadership team is top notch, our employees are dedicated and committed to customers and each other, and our size is just right for people who truly want to make a difference every day.
If this sounds like the kind of company you’d like to be part of, it gets better…..
Equinix Software Architecture & Engineering team is on a mission to help build Equinix’s next generation interconnection offering, Equinix Cloud Exchange. We are looking for a technology leader to help shape product’s future and to lead product development teams ensuring a rapid delivery of product features.
Ideal candidate would have a strong background in software development for customer facing systems. Candidate must have an excellent understanding of different software architectures, software development processes and software engineering practices. It is a unique opportunity for thought leaders to think, lead and create.
- Define, own and evolve solution and technology architecture of Interconnection APIs and Portals.
- Technically lead software engineering team for technical design, architecture, build, test, deployment and support.
- Design and implement end-to-end functional applications including documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Drive continuous improvement in test coverage and test effectiveness
- Own development tools, processes, quality/performance for development work
- Collaborate with PMs, product analysts, network architects and other engineering teams to estimate and plan work.
- Reports critical issues to management effectively, timely and with clarity.
- Become subject matter expert in Equinix interconnection products & technologies
- Provide thought leadership, strategy and lead innovation by exploring, investigating, recommending, benchmarking and implementing technologies to improve product quality and velocity.
- BS or equivalent with 8-12 years of software engineering experience in customer facing web and API development
- 8+ years of hands-on development experience with Java/J2EE eco-system of technologies such as Spring, Play, Hibernate, REST/SOA frameworks
- Experience and expertise in data modeling, relational design using RDBMS and NoSQL such as Cassandra, MongoDB
- Experience and knowledge of Agile development, Test driven development and Continuous Integration
- Experience in all aspects of software engineering including architecture, design, build, testing, deployment and support
- Experience working with systems for service providers in interconnection industry or Carriers is a strong plus
- Knowledge of advanced networking technologies, services and equipment including MPLS, VPLS/VPWS, Ethernet, optical, IP/VPN routing protocols and architectures, IP security/SSL, IP multicast, IPv6, and wired/wireless LAN infrastructures is a strong plus
- Ability to effectively communicate across globally distributed cross-functional teams and roles.
Successful Candidate Will:
- Be a talent multiplier who gets the team around them to excel
- Be persistent, creative and driven to get results relentlessly
- Exhibit a strong backbone to challenge the status quo, when needed
- Exhibit a high level of curiosity, keeping abreast of the latest trends & technologies
- Show pride of ownership and strive for excellence in everything undertaken
We protect, connect and power the digital economy – and we’re growing! Equinix is the leading global interconnection platform, with more than 100 data centers on five continents. Our data centers link communications networks around the globe, facilitating the seamless flow of Internet traffic. Did you know that 150 terabytes pulse through Equinix data centers every minute? That is equal to 1.5 times of all internet traffic in 1993. With $2+ billion in annual revenues and 3,400 employees worldwide, we are a proven and sustainable business. We also move fast with a pipeline of innovative ideas to fuel our growth. Equinix is listed among the 25 Fastest Growing Technology Companies in the United States and Deloitte recently included Equinix on its Technology Fast 500 for the fifth consecutive year. A career at Equinix means being in the middle of where opportunity connects. It is an opportunity to work with talented people to bring forth innovative solutions and shape the future of cloud and enterprise connectivity. Your work will be seen, felt and appreciated at an individual level. If you share in our dream to interconnect the world and build a historically significant company, we want to hear from you.