Jobs For Senior Research Engineer- Cyber Defense Strategy In Invincea, Inc.
Company Name: Invincea, Inc.
Location: Arlington, VA
Industry: Computer & Network Security
Employment Type: Full-time
Experience: Not Applicable
Job Function: Engineering, Research, Strategy
At Invincea Labs, the research arm of Invincea, as a Senior Research Engineer you’ll:
Join a small, highly-focused team that values initiative and creative spirit
Work for US Government R&D customers for agencies such as DARPA, AFRL, and others
Lead a research effort on a multi-disciplinary program for novel cyber defense
Apply game theory to cyber network defense
Impact a larger community through sharing of research results and/or code
Required qualifications and experience:
- Four-year degree in CS, EE, or Math or related on the job the experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience (MS + 3 years of professional experience, Ph D + 1 year).
- Passion for research accompanied by a practical understanding of developing solutions for the real world.
- Previous work in the cybersecurity industry (research -- a plus).
- Solid software engineering fundamentals.
- Strong communication skills and proven effectiveness in lean, high-performance teams.
Desired and strongly preferred skills (1 or more of the following):
- Expertise in analysis of denial-of-service conditions.
- Applications of game theory to cybersecurity.
- Network modeling and network simulation.
- US Citizenship.
- Active DoD clearance or ability to acquire and maintain a DoD security clearance preferred.
Invincea is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Invincea protects private and public sector organizations around the globe from the single largest threat they face - cyber breach. The company is an innovative force in the endpoint security sector - pioneering the use of secure virtual containers to stop cyber attacks at their source. By moving the most highly targeted applications on the endpoint (web browsers, PDF readers, Office suite) into these secure virtual containers, Invincea protects its clients from 95% of the attacks they currently face. Invincea protects the largest attack surface - user-targeted attacks and user-initiated compromises including clicking on malicious links, opening infected attachments, browsing to malicious web sites, and falling victim to watering hole attacks. Breach headlines including spear-phishing attacks against The Wall Street Journal, New York Times and Washington Post and watering hole attacks against the U.S. Department of Labor are illustrative of the types of attacks Invincea defends against.