Job Opening in NSA For Digital Network Exploitation Analyst
Job Title: Digital Network Exploitation Analyst
Job ID: 1051667
Location: Fort George G. Meade, MD, US
Pay Plan: GG
- Conduct target research.
- Identify target communications within the global network.
- Conduct analysis of metadata.
- Conduct target analysis.
- Entry is with a high school diploma and 3 years of experience, or an Associate's degree and 1 year of experience, or a Bachelor's degree.
- Degree must be in Computer Science (Information Systems Management, Information Assurance, and Computer Technology degrees will not automatically qualify). If the degree is in a related area (for example, Engineering, Mathematics, Information Systems Management, Information Assurance, Computer Technology), it must contain qualifying college-level courses to meet the MQ. For a bachelor's degree, it must contain at least 16 qualifying college-level courses (full semester) as specified below:
- At least 5 Computer Science Foundational Courses (covering all or most of the following areas): Algorithms, Computer Architecture, Data Structures, Logic and Computation, Programming Principles/Paradigms
- 2 Mathematics courses from the following topics: Calculus, Combinatorics, Discrete Mathematics, Differential Equations, Probability and Statistics
- At least 5 courses selected from the following In-Depth Courses: Analysis of Algorithms, Artificial Intelligence, Automata Theory and Formal Languages, Compiler Design/Theory, Computer Cryptography, Computer Network Architecture and Protocols, Data Communications Networks, Database Design and Theory, Data Mining, Discrete Structures, Intelligent Systems, Network Security, Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Operating Systems Theory, Programming Languages Theory, Software Engineering
- 4 additional courses that may be selected from the 'Foundational', 'In-Depth', 'Math' or 'Elective' courses (the Elective courses are listed below):
- Elective Courses: Computer Engineering, Database Programming, Database Administration, Electrical Engineering, Graphics and Visual Computing, Human Factors in Information Systems, Information Management, Introduction to Networking, Introduction to Telecommunications, Net-centric computing, Network Administration, Program/Project Management, Scripting/Query Languages (such as Perl or SQL), System Administration, System Engineering, User interface design, Web Programming, Web Site Development
- To meet the experience requirements, must have one or more of the following types of experience:
- Previously qualified for Computer Science special pay (internal hire only).
- Relevant NSA Professional Allied Academic Community (AAC) experience (includes Computer Science, Engineering & Physical Science, Mathematics and Networking & Telecommunications).
- Experience which is clearly professional Computer Science practice that is commensurate with the college level coursework described above (e.g., network administration, database management, artificial intelligence).
- Experience with attack attribution, network vulnerabilities, active systems warnings and indicators, active penetration into target systems, knowledge discovery of passive and active systems, or other cryptologic computer science mission support.
- Root cause analysis, signal analysis, high performance computing, network analysis, modeling and simulation.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Salary Range: $70,353 to $108,037.
How To Apply - External
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button located at the top or bottom of this page. After completing the application and clicking the 'Submit Final' button, you will receive a confirmation email. Emails regarding your application status will be sent periodically. Please ensure your spam filters are configured to accept emails from [email protected]
U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. Reasonable accommodations provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you must submit documents verifying your eligibility with your application package.
The National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.
Click here for Apply