Job Opening For Threat Analysis Engineer
Full-time or Part-time :
INDIA- Maharashtra, Pune
The position is part of Security Technology And Response (STAR). Security Response Engineer will perform binary code analysis by reverse engineering applications to identify malicious code, create anti-virus signatures, and reports describing the threat.
This position requires working to provide excellent generic detection solution for polymorphic, complex and prevalent threats.
Candidate's projects will include data-mining a corpus of trillions of samples to understand common patterns that malicious threats employ to evade detection. Candidate will develop machine learning techniques such as clustering, decision trees and neural networks to identify threats.
The candidate should be self-initiative. He must be passionate about malware reverse engineering and content publishing.
• B.E./B.TECH./M.E./M.TECH/MCA from reputed institutes such as IIT/NIT, BITS, REC, etc.
• Work Experience: 3-5 years.
• Experience in x86 assembly and C/C++.
• Must be experienced in malware analysis and reverse engineering
• The applicant should have sound knowledge of windows file system and memory management.
• The applicant must have expertise in debugging using tools such as IDA, Softice, Ollydbg, etc.
• The applicant should have a solid understanding of PE file format and other file formats are a plus.
• The applicant must have experience of working with Anti virus / Security domain related product development company.
• Experience in scripting languages such as Perl or Python are a plus.
• Experience with databases and data-mining is a plus.
• Candidate must have excellent communication skills as at times it is required to work with global counterparts.
• Must be very good team player.
About this company
Symantec helps consumers and organizations secure and manage their information-driven world. Our software and services protect against more risks at more points, more completely and efficiently, enabling confidence wherever information is used or stored.
Symantec was founded in 1982 by visionary computer scientists. In that spirit, as technology changed so did Symantec. We are focused on providing security, storage and systems management solutions to help businesses and consumers secure and manage their information.