As a Sr. Enterprise Security Architect, you will help shape security innovation and play a key role in the evolution of Akamai’s enterprise architecture and security functions. You will work as part of a matrixed security team to provide security guidance for the enterprise IT environment, with the goals of maturing the company’s infrastructure security policy and technology frameworks, improving overall security posture and cultivating a company-wide culture of security-awareness.
You will be be a security advocate and will advise key stakeholders and service owners on risk management and how to effectively balance security and business requirements, and you will provide expert advice during security incidents, communicating mitigation strategies to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Cambridge, MA, USCategory:Network Security
About the Team
In addition to the Senior Security Architect, the Enterprise Infrastructure Services (EIS) Architecture team currently consists of four full-time Infrastructure Architects who are responsible for the architecture of the network, platform, telecom and video infrastructure that enables Akamai’s business. The team engages across the EIS Engineering organization to drive innovation and to support ongoing initiatives, ensuring that security and business needs are appropriately balanced.
The EIS Architecture team works closely with the Enterprise Security Services team to provide security architecture oversight across Akamai’s corporate landscape, assisting with the design and risk assessment of enterprise applications and computing resources.
The Senior Enterprise Security Architect is responsible for providing thought leadership and security-related subject matter expertise around a wide range of technologies and business initiatives. Some key responsibilities include:
* Research and recommend tools to help manage security analysis, process, and incident management
* Develop and maintain a run book for the CIO organization to enable safe and rapid responses to vulnerability disclosures
* Provide mentoring and technical leadership to the Enterprise Security team
* Act as SME and provide third-level support and analysis during and after security events
* Manage security incidents that cross multiple departments in the CIO organization
* Serve as an information security advisor to key IT and business stakeholders, establishing trust relationships through active engagement and collaboration
* Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; research information security standards; conduct system security and vulnerability assessments
* Act in an advisory role in application development and acquisition to assess security requirements and controls and to ensure that security controls are implemented as planned
* Partner with Akamai’s Information Security team and stay abreast of business and industry technologies and trends
* Perform gap analysis across the organization to identify unnecessary complexity in existing processes and procedures; work with service and application owners on mitigation strategies
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Security or similar Engineering discipline or equivalent experience
* Minimum 10 years of professional experience, with 8+ years of experience in information security
* 5 + years of hands-on experience as a security practitioner, implementing a variety of solutions across multiple disciplines
* 5+ years of experience architecting solutions with a concentrated focus on security, performance, scalability, and reliability
* 3+ years experience performing network and application security penetration testing and/or threat assessments
* 3+ years experience with commercial and open source security applications and technologies (e.g. malware prevention, DLP, IDS/IDP, cryptography, vulnerability scanning and penetration testing), as well as related protocols and tools (e.g. SSH, SSL/TLS, snort, port scanners, rootkit detectors, etc.)
* 3+ years programming/scripting experience – one or more of: C, C++, Java, Perl, PHP, Python, shell
* Demonstrable knowledge of enterprise IT risks - threat tactics, techniques, and procedures –and application of relevant techniques and tools, e.g. network and application penetration tests
* Recent experience implementing multi-factor authentication, single sign-on, identity management (IAM/IdM) or related technologies
* Knowledge and understanding across a wide breadth of technology domains, with the ability to quickly assimilate the inter-relationships various disciplines
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to parse requirements and relate them to appropriate security controls
* Ability to interact with personnel at all levels and across all business units and organizations, and to comprehend complex business initiatives
* Ability to work with minimal supervision
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Is relocation available for this position: No
* Is US Citizenship required: No
* Is a Security Clearance Required: No
If yes, applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation & must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
About The Company:
Akamai® is the leading content delivery network (CDN) providing cloud services that help deliver, optimize, and secure online content and business applications. At the foundation of Akamai solutions, the Akamai Intelligent Platform™ enables unmatched speed, reliability, and security—backed by expertise and relentless innovation—to improve reach and invisibility across the web. Akamai removes the complexities of connecting the increasingly mobile world, supporting 24/7 consumer demand, and enabling enterprises to more securely leverage the cloud.