Jobs For Senior Consultant, Networking & Security - St. Louis, MO In VMWare
Company Name: VMWare
Location: St. Louis - Missouri - US
Industry: Computer Software and Information Technology and Services
Employment Type: Full-time
Experience: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Engineering,Information Technology,Consulting
As a VMware Senior Consultant in the Networking and Security team, you will enable our customers to define, design, and implement 21st century security and network architectures within the virtual infrastructure. You will also enable our customers to understand and improve their virtualization security posture as part of a fast growing, highly collaborative team. This role gives the consultant the opportunity to work in most of the top Fortune 500 companies in the world.
- Assist and/or lead the development of architecture blueprints, design specifications, migration plans and operational best practices guidelines based on detailed requirements gathered onsite
- Lead the definition and design of VMware Network Virtualization products and partner ecosystem solutions, following through to installation, configuration, and testing
- Provide technical leadership to VMware professional services consulting project teams, which will include project work at customer sites
- Maintain current knowledge of multiple areas of VMware Solutions and platform security
- Participate in the pre-sales process to understand customer business and technical objectives and product requirements, in order to develop effective solutions
- Establish and maintain technical credibility within the virtualization services industry and the field through demonstration of thought leadership, including.
- Leading and delivering technical enablement web conferences, services delivery training events and technical labs at industry-wide events such as VMworld.
- Regular participation in technical discussions (e.g. VMTN forums, consulting discussions and escalations, etc.)
- Presentation at customer and partner opportunities, training sessions and venues.
- Active and regular participation in knowledge management
- The ideal candidate would have basic understanding of Cloud Infrastructure & Networking (Data Center Design, Network Architecture, Network Design, Virtualization, Security), with demonstrated deep expertise in multiple areas.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- At least 3 years experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant
- Experience in a technical lead role for small-or medium-size teams
- Network Security Tool and Networking Concepts such as Palo Alto Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Load Balancers, Security/Trust Zones, L2 Switching, L3 routing prototcols, and network design.
- Network components troubleshooting expertise such as:
- ASR routers, switches, firewalls, ASA, etc).
- Virtual networking components VSG, 1000V)
- BGP & OSPF protocols
- Checkpoint and/or Palo Alto Firewalls
- Programming in C/C++ and Unix shell are a plus
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel up to 75 percent of the time
- Minneapolis or Chicago areas
- B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training 70079BR
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware’s industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application. With 2015 revenues of $6.6 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, more than 75,000 partners, and 19,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you’ve always dreamed about? Dare to explore at careers.vmware.com.